- I found this morning that for the first time in two years I could fit into my favorite purple suit. So, I felt pretty today.
- I'm picking the blue play dough that I played with in the pulpit off of my rings. Yeah, I had fun!
- I most certainly did NOT preach a dud this morning. Thank you, God!
- The congregation was overwhelmingly warm and welcoming to me.
- I can tell that the two music directors are incredibly gifted musicians and are worship, rather than performance, oriented.
- They are going to elect their Pastor Nominating Committee later this month, but I have no clue how long it will take from them to be ready to review PIF's. God, help me to be patient.
- The chair-apparent of said PNC said to me after service, "So, you're going to apply, right?" This is very, very encouraging, yet at the same time, I hope that she doesn't say that kind of thing to me anymore. I know that they will be receiving PIF's from many other fine pastors and she needs to keep her mind and heart open.
- God, also help me to trust you. This may be my call..... might not.
Sunday, September 09, 2007
I'm back from my pulpit supply gig. What a great morning!