Friday, September 28, 2007

A Reminder

Three months ago, she lost her husband of over forty years. As she was speaking to the group about her husband, she looked me right in the eye and said,

" You fall in and out of love. When you're out of love, he's your best friend."

She was talking about her relationship with her deceased husband, but she was re-reminding me of the choice my husband and I make each and every day to love one another. I needed that reminder.

I'm glad she decided to come to our bereavement group yesterday.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

wow - she sounds like a wise woman

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

i read this and thought "can you remind me of this everyday?"... somedays it's soooo easy and some days not so much.

Rev Kim said...

Wow, that's just beautiful. Definitely something to remember.

Di said...

That is a helpful reminder. The reminder I'm going with lately is that the grass always looks greener on the other side.

Diane M. Roth said...

yes, that sounds like something we need to hear every day

Mary Beth said...

boy, did i need this today. thanks...

revhipchick said...

so true. what a wonderful reminder.