Thursday, August 16, 2007

A TMI Post

Warning: This post contains what some might deem to be TMI (Too Much Information.)

I got my test results today. The good news: all of my female parts are in tip top shape and my uterine fibroids are not causing my discomfort. The bad news: I've got an umbilical hernia and apparently it's pretty big.

It's weird, I always thought that you could see a big bulge or bump with a hernia. As I said before, my abdomen has been steadily growing bigger, but it's been growing all over, not just bulging in one spot. Also, I am unsure what is causing this feeling of fullness, like I have too much fluid in my belly.

I am going to see more doctors and figure this all out. Thanks for all of your prayers and good thoughts. But all of this is pretty lame, isn't it?

12 comments:

more cows than people said...

o.k., not t.m.i.. very helpful. thanks. i hope they can do something about this, can they? sounds NOT FUN.

still thinking of you.

Cathy said...

really it wasn't tmi

I bet they can do something about this!Hoping you can find some solutions soon.

Teri said...

I would hardly call this either TMI or dull. It sounds sort of like good news mixed with less than good news. I hope they get it all figured out and you can feel better soon.

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

sister... seriously. not lame. not tmi. but man I feel for you... health issues just suck. thankfully it sounds like something that can be rectified right? and hopefully without any more chalk milkshakes to go with it????

Karen Sapio said...

I just got word that my friendly neighborhood uterine fibroid is freakin' 11 centimeters. Yowsa! No wonder I was hurtin'.

Lady parts are such fun . . .

Iris said...

Yes, this is something that can be fixed. I'm thinking, maybe a tummy-tuck while they're in there?

PCIT, sorry to hear about the big fibroid. Ouch! Mine have actually shrunk in the last few years.

revhipchick said...

i agree with all these wonderful women saying NOT TMI and NOT lame!

i know nothing about hernias but it sounds positively dreadful. i hope they fix it ASAP and that it's breeze for you. i think the tummy tuck should be on the house with that one--terrific idea!

blessings, prayers and hugs!

Rev SS said...

agree ... not tmi and not dull. Praying for good, effective, pain-free correction. (so glad it's nothing worse than a hernia!)

Alex said...

hope you feel better soon!

Magdalene6127 said...

(((Iris))). I had (have?) an umbilical hernia that needed emergency repair in 1998, after I tore it while coughing with a bad bronchitis. *Now THAT was tmi!* Hoping you are well and mended quickly, friend! You are in my prayers.

Mags

tngirl said...

Iris, my prayers are with you as you figure this whole thing out. Hopefully, the 'remedy' will not be too invasive or difficult . . . or take too long. Peace.

Unknown said...

Oh, Iris! Thinking of you and hoping there will soon be relief.