Monday, August 13, 2007

Monday

  • I've got two medical tests this week: a pelvic ultrasound, which I had today, and an abdominal CT scan tomorrow. I've been having abdominal pain and am looking about 5 months pregnant. I was told to drink 32 ounces of water an hour before my appointment. Well, I guess I overdid it because by the time I got called into the examination room I looked like my 3 year old when she has to go really, really bad!
  • Tomorrow I've got to drink some disgusting barium stuff that they have the audacity to call Vanilla Smoothie. I hope I can keep it down. I hope to have some news as to what is going on in my body in a few days.
  • It's over 100 degrees here today, not counting heat index. It was equally as hot this past weekend, but it didn't discourage those silly people standing outside watching the men in ugly pants walking at the big, big deal sporting event that was held in my city. This event happened across the street from the hospice offices and it was a major pain in the butt. I'm glad it's over and I can make a left hand turn out of our parking lot again.
  • I love my 7:30 am- 3:00 pm schedule.

10 comments:

Rev SS said...

Yuk! I hate vanilla smoothies! -:) Praying for good outcome...and so glad you can turn left and like your new hours!

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Ugh! Barium! I feel your pain. :-P I'm praying for a good outcome as well.

Diane M. Roth said...

prayers going up for you re: your tests...
will check back in with you.
take care

Rev Kim said...

Ugh. So sorry to hear this. Maybe if you breathe through your mouth and don't take a whiff of the smoothie it will go down, ah, smoother?

Praying that all goes well with the tests.

tngirl said...

Hope you soon find out what's going on. Could it be stress related??? Glad to hear you sound more peaceful with your new job and new hours. Peace, Iris.

Towanda said...

prayers for your health, dear.

net said...

Prayers ascending, Iris!

Di said...

Prayers on your behalf. (I've had the pelvic ultrasound-- not fun.)

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

oh Iris! hope today's smoothie didn't get you too down and out... will keep prayers going. we're here you know for support & prayer & encouragement...

revhipchick said...

{{{iris}}}

prayers coming your way. i hope it goes well.

those pelvic exams are just sooo delightful!

i hope the vanilla smoothie isn't as bad as you expect. we can hope anyway.

love and blessings to you.