Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday Five: Creature Comforts

It's time to settle into Fall! This week's RevGal Friday Five is all about comfort.

1. Comfort beverage

A steaming mug of herbal tea sweetened with a little honey

2. Comfort chair
I'm still searching for that perfect comfy chair to call my own. Until then, I'm usually curled up on the couch under my wolf blanket when I want to relax at home.

3. Comfort read
It depends... Sometimes a mindless women's magazine is just the thing. Or the Wittenberg Door, if I need a good laugh. Other times, I want to submerge myself in a great story. I have to admit that I can't wait for the last Harry Potter book to come out.

4. Comfort television/DVD/music
I just lovethe new TV show, Ugly Betty! It's funny and sweet.

Since we got a DVR, I have been watching a lot of older movies that I've never before seen like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and North By Northwest. None of today's male movie stars have a tenth of the charisma of Cary Grant or Paul Newman!

These days, I am loving Anna Nalick's CD, the Magnolia soundtrack, and Stevie Wonder's greatest hits.

5. Comfort companion(s)
My husband, my kids (when they aren't jumping on each other's or my head!), my two cats, my local preacher mommy friend

5 comments:

Theresa Coleman said...

Oooo... I LOVE Ugly Betty!

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Ugly Betty? I haven't heard of it...but you guys like it...hmmm...
I wish I had a local clergy buddy.

Iris said...

Ugly Betty is on ABC on Thursdays, I think. I can never remember what day because I Tivo everything and watch it at my convenience.

Unknown said...

Haven't seen Ugly Betty yet, have seen the saturday night live version of it. Great comforts hope you find your chair.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. In an area where there a few female colleagues in the flesh it is a tremendous blessing to have the Revgals. Have a terrific day :)