Saturday, November 08, 2008

Give Me Oil In My Lamp...

Keep me burnin', burnin' burnin'...

Great camp song based on our parable this week. Although one verse that we used to sing is what I really need right now:

"Give me umption in my gumption, let me function, function, function..."

I am almost always done writing my sermon by this time Saturday. I am stuck... Help!

ETA: It's 10:15 pm and I'm as done as I'm gonna be tonight. It'll be okay. I'll tweak it some in the morning and then, I'll let the Spirit do what she will with it!

Sarah, I just now read your kind offer to listen to my sermon. I'm afraid it might be a little too late now- shoot. Thanks so much for offering. I may take you up on that some other time! I'm going to try to get a good night sleep now.

3 comments:

Sarah S-D said...

oh, iris! is it anxiety about the special day???

do you want to run a sermon by me? i'm happy to listen.

Unknown said...

Blessings this morning, Iris!

Sarah S-D said...

sending you lots of love and good vibes... they love you. God loves you. YOU ARE LOVED. all shall be well.