1. What was your favorite comic strip as a child?
I loved the Family Circus, especially when Billy would go on one of his "adventures" through the neighborhood!
2. Which comic strip today most consistently tickles your funny bone?
3. Which Peanuts character is closest to being you?
I'd like to say Linus, but it's probably Lucy.
4. Some say that comic strips have replaced philosophy as a paying job, so to speak. Does this ring true with you?
Perhaps, in this "sound bite" culture. I don't know.
5. What do you think the appeal is for the really long running comic strips like Blondie, Family Circus, Dennis the Menace as some examples?
Oh, I could write about archetypes and timeless themes, but it's because they're funny and have become part of the American cultural landscape. I mean, without the Blondie strip, we wouldn't have the Dagwood sandwich!