Sunday, May 20, 2007

Today

I nearly told a Session member to f***-off today after church. Instead, I channeled my inner valley girl and a very mature "Whatever!" flew out of my mouth.

I've learned that the church is not immune from those who attack when they see the slightest sign of weakness. Today I was the vulnerable one, as I shared with the congregation about all that's been going on. Needless to say, I shed a few tears as I asked the people of God to pray for all involved in this situation, including my family and another family in the church who used this childcare worker.

I've been one raw nerve since Thursday, and I did NOT want to listen to this elder as she cornered me right after service to berate me for not calling communion servers for next week. (NOT my job anyways!)

Whatever.

BTW: Thank you all so much for your kind support and prayers. I can't even begin to tell you how much it has meant to me. Of course, I don't have the words for a lot of things right now.

11 comments:

net said...

((((Iris))))

Alex said...

Go get ice cream or something. I am officially ticked off on your behalf. Love to you...

more cows than people said...

grr... i'm impressed at your perspective. i'm sorry for this ridiculous attack. i think the valley girl was just the thing. i'm praying you know the love that surrounds you right now.

(((iris)))

revhipchick said...

you handled it spendidly.

lots of love and prayers coming your way.

(((iris)))

Amy said...

((((Iris))))

Love ya!

Now, go to your office and let the "f-bombs" fly!

Anonymous said...

good on you for not knocking that woman's block off. Sheesh. Much love to you...

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

inner valley girl is so handy... like totally & for sure.

how hard it is to protect & shield those we love from the evil... immediately after your posts I thought "the light shines in darkness and the darkness did not overcome it." No matter how dark - the light keeps shining Iris. We'll pray for that light to grow right now...

Di said...

I have a croquet mallet for just this sort of thing. Really, I'm not kidding. Sometimes soda cans that need to be recycled can be a pretty good outlet.

PPB said...

I"m impressed. I fear f...off would have come out of my mouth!

zorra said...

(((Iris)))
You did great. I probably would have slapped her.

Diane M. Roth said...

Glad you could show restraint in the face of incredible odds. One of my friends (also a pastor) said that sometimes people are mean and abusive at church because they can't be mean and abusive at work, because they would get fired.

Probably that doesn't help. But maybe...