Songbird says: Yes, it's true. I've been watching Season Six of American Idol with my daughter, our first time dipping into this particular well of pop culture. In the spirit of believing you can do anything, as the auditioners so clearly do, please fill in the following five blanks.
1) If I could sing like anyone, it would be Sarah McLachlan.
2) I would love to sing the song "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns N'Roses. It's got a beautiful melody AND it rocks!
3) It would be really cool to sing at Red Rocks in Colorado. It is the best place to see a concert!
4) If I could sing a dream duet it would be
with Elton John of the '70s, dressed up as Donald Duck!
5) If I could sing on a TV or radio show, it would be the finale of "Thirty-Something Idol." You know they're gonna have it!
American Idol is one of my many guilty pleasures. However, I've stopped watching this season because the "auditions" have been particularly mean spirited, IMO. I'll start watching again when the talented folks start competing.