Sunday, August 24, 2008

Inflatable Jesus


I saw this out of the corner of my eye as we were driving home from church and I made my husband exit off the highway so we could go see it. He sighed and said, "You want to take a picture of it for your blog, don't you?" Hee!
At first I thought it was a Jesus "jupiter jump" for kids. That would have been just too much!
You can see the hot air balloon in the background; it has a giant cross on it. Turns out this church doesn't have a building, but it's got a hot air balloon! They use the balloon as an evangelism tool. They get it out and see who stops by.
Hey, we did.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Incredible.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

i am speechless!

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

this is sickly and fascinating all at the same time.... like looking at a bad accident............

Iris said...

I know, right? I was like a moth to a flame.... "must see cheesy inflatable Jesus- complete with bloody hands!"

revhipchick said...

wow--i'm speechless!

revkjarla said...

man, I miss the south....sorta

revkjarla said...

I am assuming the south, since you say you live in the bible belt....

spookyrach said...

It's like Jesus laid a bunch of eggs and they hatched all at once!

'Course Jesus would be really conscientious about sitting on the nest, wouldn't he?

Iris said...

LOL, Spookyrach! Hatching disciples!

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

uhm girlfriend every time i click over here... this photo gives me heebiejeebies....

Crimson Rambler said...

we wants it, my preciousss, we wants it...

Anonymous said...

what fun :)