I realized recently that I had been white-knuckling my way through life for several months and was feeling very depressed. So, for a couple of weeks I took some down time. With the blessing of my General Presbyter and the personnel committee, I only preached and went to essential meetings.
It was a good thing. I made a list of things that I needed to do for myself that I had been putting off. I replaced the mask for my c-pap machine (for sleep apnea) that broke probably 4 months ago. I visited my doctor who did some blood work- all fine. Spent time with my family. I slept.
I am feeling much better and have dozens of blog posts that I'd like to write. Maybe I'll write a few of them.
I do want to share a few things for which I am thankful today...
- our little, cozy home in a great neighborhood
- that my husband and I are making more of an effort to spend time together- just us
- the colleagues in my Presbytery who have wrapped me in loving care
- my son's successful completion of first grade
- belly laughs with my little girl
- blogging buddies whose writing inspire, challenge and take me out of my life for awhile.
- oh, and my new porch swing I got for Mother's Day!