Thursday, February 21, 2008

Duped...

I'm feeling like a real ding-dong...

I guess I'm just too much of a good girl who follows directions because when they said Pre-Kindergarten registration at the local elementary school began at 8:30 am, I believed them. So, I arrived at 8:15 am, thinking I would stand in line, only to find out that other parents had come much earlier and had been allowed to register. My daughter is sixth on the waiting list. I guess we'll be paying for another year of pre-school.

And last night while watching the news, I found out that I had been duped into signing a petition to get an anti-affirmative action initiative on the ballot. I know I should have asked for more information, but I was in a hurry to get to the grocery store when the woman approached me in the parking lot. She said that it for a civil rights initiative. Apparently there are a lot of people who, like me, were misinformed so, there's an investigation. Perhaps it won't even get on the ballot now.

Oh, brother....

So far, no ice! Yay!

4 comments:

more cows than people said...

dang. double dang. shoot.

at least there's no ice yet.


(((iris)))

Crimson Rambler said...

I hear you, iris -- having been well and truly conned this week myself...

Rev SS said...

this preschool and pre-kindergarten thing has gotten way. out. of. hand. IMHO!

Unknown said...

I don't remember going to that many pre-preschools. Wacky.