Friday, January 25, 2008

Reconnecting

Time is so fleeting and it is trite, but true to say, "you blink and a year has gone by."

Yeah, a year-- or seven. Has it really been seven years since I graduated from seminary ? And had it really been over three years since I had heard the voice of my good, good friend from seminary, A.? Oh, how good it was to speak to her tonight.

I've hit a blogging dry patch, it seems. I suppose it is okay for me to have a *few* unreflected moments, right?

However, I really want to maintain connection with all of my blogging buddies, even when I don't much feel like writing anything. So, even if all I post are the ABC's, I'll keep at it because I don't want to have to "reconnect" with you all later down the road.

ETA: I just noticed that someone found my blog by googling "Yuck Amway." That's the best one yet! They were directed to a story I told in a Friday Five awhile back about a guy asking me out and then taking me to an Amway party.

9 comments:

more cows than people said...

blog anything, we'll read. promise.

Crimson Rambler said...

for sure.
AN AMWAY PARTY??? good grief.

Cathy said...

i think we all have times when we hit a dry spell! Blog anything - never know when it will help kick in again!

Grace thing said...

Yuck Amway. Now that' funny and random. Hope you're having a good day.

Rev SS said...

Yuk Amway ... LOL ... and, I, too, blog because I want to stay connected ... so I'm agreeing with MC

Mary Beth said...

HAHAHAHA

Yuck Amway!

revhipchick said...

wonderful!

glad to read that you're sticking around.

i'm totally with more cows--we'll read.

it's funny isn't it? do you feel as though what you blog should be "good" or "worthwhile"? and yet in a sense we are all starving to read about the mundane in one another's lives? i enjoy reading the personal trivial days just as much as posts filled to the brim with art and meaning.

it's all a chance to connect, to hear a voice, read a life familiar, a life distant, a life like none other.

so glad you're sticking it out.

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

oh iris i ramble all the time... for the same reason to stay connected. so yeah we'll read what you post...

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

What they said. Been thinking of you.