Sunday, July 20, 2008

Spies

I had visitors in worship today- two members from the Pastor Nominating Committee for this congregation.

I haven't yet had an actual interview with this PNC, but they have viewed a sermon DVD, have had me submit answers to supplemental questions and now have sent "spies" to hear me preach.

I'll take that as a good sign.

They gave me less than 24 hour notice that they were coming, though. I was a little freaked yesterday, but the sermon went well. Not a home run, but a base hit.

The hymn went over very well. I'm glad I chose to use it.

10 comments:

more cows than people said...

oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness!!!

blessings, iris. blessings.

Unknown said...

Yay for you!!! This sounds very promising!!

Anonymous said...

WOOT! Base hits are a beautiful thing!!!!

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Yay! I thought of you when I woke up. So glad it went well. :-)

Di said...

that's really exciting.

imngrace said...

Cool, cool, cool! Now that you're "on base" it looks like a run around the bases could be in the future! Prayers for that process and for you! I hope it goes well. Keep us posted.

Towanda said...

Hey, you can't score if you're not on base! Good on you! I hope it all continues to go well!

Rev SS said...

woo hoo! and yay! here's to more good news soon!

Magdalene6127 said...

Oh Iris! I remember that post! Very, very cool and exciting.

revhipchick said...

hooray! hooray!

wonderful news!