Friday, January 05, 2007

Friday Five: Birthday, Redux


Reverend Mother said: Yours truly had a birthday this week, and while we've done the birthday thing before, I'm going to do my best to come up with new questions...

1. "It's my party and I'll [blank] if I want to..."Favorite way to celebrate your birthday (dinner with family? party with friends? a day in solitude?)
Get a massage! I don't care about anything else, just get me to the spa!

2. "You say it's your birthday... it's my birthday too, yeah..." Do you share your birthday with someone famous? (Click here to find out!)
I'm pleased to say that I have the same birthday as Mother Teresa. (I got to meet her in 1994- another post!) Also, according to the website provided by Reverendmother, I share a birthday with Pee Wee Herman ("I know you are, but what am I?") Also, my birthday is the same as Alexa Vega, the little girl from the Spy Kids movies. My kids are major fans!

3. "Lordy Lordy look who's forty..."Milestone birthdays: a) just like any other birthday--they're just numbers, people. b) a good opportunity to look back/take stock c) enjoy the black balloons--I'll be hiding under a pile of coats until the day is over d) some combination of the above, or something else entirely.
I guess I choose "d." Of course, I'm not yet forty! :P

4. "Happy birthday, dear... Customer..."Have you ever been sung to in a restaurant? Fun or cringe-worthy?
If I get free dessert, sing off key all you want!

5. "Take my birthday--please"Tell me one advantage and one disadvantage about your particular birthday (e.g. birthday in the summer--never had to go to school; birthday near Christmas--the dreaded joint presents) EDITED TO ADD: This could also simply be something you like/dislike about your birthday (e.g. I like sharing a birthday with my best friend, etc.).
I have a late August birthday, so school started that day several years. Poop.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Blogger is being a pain... trying and trying to leave comments. pah.

But a spa??? oooooooohhhhhhhhh... I'll meet you...
:)
d

lutheranmom said...

It's awesome that you share a birthday with Mother Teresa, and even better that you actually got to meet her.
I could definitely use that massage too. Hope you are all recovered from the strep throat, we are going through it this week at our house. :(

1-4 Grace said...

I will join y'all at the spa.
And starting school on your b-day had to be the pits!

revhipchick said...

where to start? YOU'VE MET MOTHER THERESA?!?!?!?!?!? i hope you blog about that soon!

you share your birthday with some fun characters!

the massage is oh so awesome!

my eldest's birthday is on aug. 30 and tends to have school start on her birthday as well. it is a big big bummer!