Sunday, November 09, 2008

That's Exactly How I Feel, Too...

First of all, everything went well. I am the pastor-elect of (Important Reformer) Presbyterian Church by a vote of 120-something yeas to 4 nays. Not bad... I can live with that. I was told that those four "wouldn't vote for Jesus himself."

I didn't feel good at all in the pulpit, though. They have very bright spotlights, which blinded me and made me super hot. The light made the pulpit mic cast a big shadow over my manuscript, which made it hard to read. Also, I had underestimated the font size I would need, so basically, I preached from memory. It didn't feel good, but I got through it.

My family was great and so supportive, patiently shaking hands and telling people their names again and again and again. My son drew this picture when we got home and told me, "I felt like a handshaking machine today!" Yep.



14 comments:

Towanda said...

Woohoo!!!

Sarah S-D said...

thanks be to God. so glad to hear it!

and the comment and drawing from your son are priceless!

hooray and hallelujah!

Unknown said...

Huzzah!!!
So glad this particular day is over!

imngrace said...

Halle --freakin'--lujah! This is really good news. Congratulations andn continued prayers for this journey.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Yippeeeeeeeeeee! (((IRIS))))

Rev Kim said...

Hallelujah! Glad it went well.

(((Iris)))

Anonymous said...

hooray! hooray!

i love the comment about the 4 "they wouldn't vote for Jesus himself" awesome!

your son is brillant! love the picture too!

Rev SS said...

Amen! Huzzah! Hallelujah! and Hoo ray! Blessings as you say good bye and hello!

I love your son's picture and comment too!

Rev SS said...

Amen! Huzzah! Hallelujah! and Hoo ray! Blessings as you say good bye and hello!

I love your son's picture and comment too!

Mary Beth said...

FANTASTIC! Great news. I was thinking of you (took me this long to come over & tell you so!)

And now you know some things that need to be changed right away...that probably no one else will ever know or care about, and therefore not fuss about! That's worth knowing.

Magdalene6127 said...

Iris, I'm so, so happy for you... and I love your son! Tell him, my son (who was almost 20 at the time!) felt just the same way when I preached for the call at St. Sociable.

Magdalene6127 said...

And... maybe you can get their building and grounds committee to work with you on the lighting after you start...

Crimson Rambler said...

good stuff, indeed. I'm so glad!

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

hee hee hee...